Facilitation Skills for Professionals workshop – One Day
This workshop equips business professionals with the tools and frameworks to become more successful in staff engagement and applied, participatory learning techniques.
What it is
Using facilitation in business settings means focusing on practices that improve the group’s collective energy — in engagement, collaboration and debate — to support individual learning and performance. What you are managing certainly counts, but it’s how you manage that will define what your team or workshop participants actually take away. Their active participation will lead to sharper skills, deeper understanding and an attitude of lifelong learning.
This experiential workshop will give participants the tools, skills, and confidence to facilitate any group activity:
- Discover the power of silence, powerful listening, and powerful questioning
- Discover your own facilitative teaching style through practice, coaching and feedback from your peers.
- Learn by doing in this experiential learning program.
- Practice a range of interventions, processes, and techniques to
- increase engagement, participation and independent learning
- prevent difficult workplace dynamics.
- Create a safe and empowering group culture.
- Be comfortable with a wide range of behaviours and handle conflict effectively.
- Increased emotional competence and confidence to role-model social engagement techniques.
Who is it for?
It is recommended for managers wanting to:
- Feel more confident in facilitating conversations and exploring content without knowing where this might lead.
- Learn engagement techniques that will make learning more applied and participatory.
- Learn how to access the knowledge in the room and how to help staff to build on what they already know.
- Understand more about how to read and shift energy in the room.
The Leading Collaboration Program includes the following workshops: